Are you into internet marketing and desperate for information on what other marketers are up to? Are they succeeding well and you are not? So, what is the reason for you lagging behind other contenders?
Well…for rising on par with strong SEO challengers, first and foremost, it is crucial to know whom you are competing with. Analyze the strength and weaknesses of some established SEO front runners and gain from their experience.
How to Know Who Your Competitors Are?
Website rankings establish the success of online marketing names. The toppers are the ones to watch out for, as they have more profit ratio than the rest of their lesser ranked followers. Analyzing offline business ventures is the easiest task, as you can personally identify which companies are doing well and which are not. But it is not so in the case of online dealings.
The not so easy factors in identifying your online competitors…
- Competition in the form of sites in your slot with similar features.
- Contesting with sites with major keywords identical to your USP.
- Straight forward opponents competing directly with your long tail keywords.
What is the best way to find out about your online SEO rivals?
As the contention list is a very long and tedious analysis process, the best way to find the truth about your fellow competitors is to do a Google search. Enter your target keywords and just list out the top ranking names. There…you have your very own record of your focal contenders catalog.
Once You have the SEO Competitors List, then What?
The first major step is now achieved. The next operation is to directly visit the websites (of the competitors) and analyze them visually. Ask yourself the following questions and note down the answer.
- Study the visual appeal of the contender’s website. Are they attractively designed, possess a user-friendly interface, and demand the attention of target audience?
- Scrutinize the content (including keywords usage). Are their content of high-quality and pertaining to specific business interests?
- What about their URLs? Ensure what kind of URLs they use. Is it static or dynamic?
How effective are these questions?
The answers are what makes these websites stand out among the others in the online crowd. Understanding your SEO competitors’ professionalism helps to gather information on their web success. Ask more questions as the answer lies within each and every website.
How Useful are Keywords for SEO Analysis?
The prime success of a website depends on effective keywords presentation. What better way to find out the reason behind your online rivals triumph. The better the keywords content usage the better is the online rankings.
How to spot the keywords used by top listed websites?
Your list of best keywords might not be available in your fellow competitor websites. So, what is the correct way to discover the right keywords?
- Check out if the websites of successful competitors contain similar keywords that you incorporated in your site.
- Utilize the Website Keyword Suggestion software tool to test the keywords that perform well for your rivals’ websites.
- Make the most of the Keyword Density Cloud tool to check your SEO contenders’ keywords density.
- Identify the location of the keywords in contending websites (search in meta tags, headings, image tags, and URLs) for gaining keywords information.
What are Backlinks and How Effective are they for SEO Rankings?
Backlinks (of web pages) are the strength of excellence in online SEO rankings. Analyze the backlinks of your SEO competitors and you can possess intelligence on their website performance.
- Check number, origin, and anchor text and retrieve backlinks data.
- Verify if competitors possess backlinks from high-ranking sites and contact webmasters of these popular websites and get them for yourself too.
- Make use of the Backlink Summary and Backlink Anchor Text Analysis tools for in depth backlinks analysis.
What About the Efficacy of Page Ranks for SEO Analysis?
Other than effective keywords and backlinks analysis, the best way to discern your competitors’ online performance is through page ranks study. Examine your adversary page ranks in Google search engine. Do not leave out Bing and Yahoo in your investigation. Each and every web competitor has connections with search engines. So, analyze the indexed pages that your contender sites have with these search engines. Page rankings are essential factors for efficient SEO analysis.
Do Not Forget Social Networking Sites…
Every web user has an identity through any of the numerous social media sites flooding the internet market. They are the online traffic grabbers and a check on your SEO contenders’ performance on Facebook, Twitter and other popular networking names is mandatory. However, it is not as easy as it sounds, to gather such huge data for SEO analysis.
- Begin from Social Bookmarking sites to kick-start your social media research and analysis.
- Search famous Social Bookmarking sites to confirm popularity of your contenders.
- Check if your competitors have accounts in the most popular (Facebook and Twitter) sites and find if any visibly available pages are made public.
- Evaluate the number of posts and the recognition your arch rivals witness on this social media platform.
Why are PPC Ads Popularly? How is it Useful in Comparative Online Competitors Study?
The most established and effective internet marketing technique is Paid Per Click (PPC) strategy. Its cost-effective approach is the most sought after aid to drive increased web traffic. Compare PPCs of your fellow SEO contenders and gather information on the secrets of their online success. Google Adwords (favorite PPC choice) is the most preferred by web masters among other tools. Avail Google’s PPC comparing tool called Analyze Competition. Even though it is limited to Google Adwords it is one of the most efficient tools to compare your PPC performance with that of your competitors.
Analyze Your SEO Competitors and Up Your Quotient
Keep an eye on your contenders and gain from their knowledge. Spend some time to compare your results with that of winning SEO names and build your business quotient. Measure up to your challengers, by evaluating their online feat with that of your own. If you are weaker than your adversary then gain facts and figures of their strengths and overcome your failings with their knowledge. Reinforce your SEO attempts through comparisons and analysis.