You spend lots on money on marketing, advertising, hire a SEO company or do PPC and get a lot of traffic, is that traffic really converting? What is it on your website that your visitors come and go without buying or products or services? Some of your visitors are just bouncing off or not converting as you expected them to. That is when a good landing page comes into play.
Landing page is important when you want to direct your paid traffic to instead of your homepage. Homepage is a more generic page where you give your audience an overview about yourself, your service and other things. While your landing page talks just about the product, or service from which the target audience ended up on your page. You want them to convert and not just read and leave your website.
Here’s how an ideal landing page should be designed.
- Have a Head line which give a clear message about the page. It should explain your product or service in one or two lines
- Include an image or a video that explains your service or product. “A picture says a thousand words” and for some audience that can be a converting point.
- Write short points explaining your services. Don’t write a paragraph on it just short bullet points.
- A compelling Call-to-action which would differentiate it from the rest of the page. Like a “Call Now”, “Download Now” or a “Book Now” button.
- Provide navigational links to different pages of your website.
- Now probably you have reached the page fold (the time when your audience would have to scroll to read other information on the page), you would like to describe your services or products which the visitor would like to read before buying or using your services.
- Include testimonials from other users of your products and services. It helps your visitors have faith in you and your services. Also include the name, position and the company of the person writing a testimonial.
- Include security seals and statements to build trust when taking their personal information to build trust with your audience.
There is no one rule that fits all, you need to keep on testing your page to see which one converts more than others. If you have any other information that you think we are missing here and might be helpful to share do comment below.